What is the best graphic card for my DX4300-15e?

Part Number:DX4300-15e..General
Product Form Factor Mid tower .Built-in Devices LED panel,
Keyboard .Width 7.1 in .Depth 16.3 in .Height 16.2 in .Weight 25.0 lbs .Processor
Type AMD Phenom II X4 810 / 2.6 GHz .Multi-Core Technology Quad-Core .Installed Qty 1.0 .Max Supported Qty 1.0 .Upgradability Upgradable .Mainboard
Chipset type AMD 780G .Cache Memory
Type L2 cache .Installed Size 6.0 MB .RAM
Installed Size 8.0 GB / 8.0 GB (max) .Technology DDR II SDRAM .Upgrade Rule Max 2 x 2 GB module .Storage
Hard Drive 1.0 TB - Standard - Serial ATA .Optical Storage
Type DVD�RW .Write Speed 16x (DVD) .Storage Removable
Type None .Graphics Controller
Graphics Processor / Vendor ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3200 .Audio Output
Type Sound card - Integrated .Audio Adapter Integrated Audio .Networking
Networking Network adapter .Expansion / Connectivity
Expansion Slot(s) 0.0 (free) x PCI,
Memory,
PCI Express x16,
PCI Express x1,
Memory card reader .Interfaces 8.0 x USB 2.0 - RJ-45,
PS/2 - USB 2.0,
IEEE 1394 (FireWire) - VGA,
Ethernet,
HDMI,
Monitor,
Audio
I have 300w of power supply, so I will have to upgrade my power as well. I can spend $200-$300.
I plan on getting a AMD 975 black edition(later on), which is AMD3 socket. The revision is C2 for the 810 and C3 for the 975, are they interchangeable? So to sum it up, I need a good recommendation for power supply and graphics card. Does the integrated 3200 work WITH the extra graphic card? Or do you use one or the other?
I have been reading alot of posts on this site so I figured I may get some ideas here.
Thanks Rick

The 780G chipset is a 'Hybrid' chipset that uses the IGP graphics in tandem with a discreet graphics card, but don't look for much of a performance boost.
Assuming by 'best' you also mean the most graphics you can get for the budget, Here you go. The corsair HX series is excellent. A bit spendy but excellent.
The Asus version of this card is my favorite for the build quality, power delivery (VRM), cooling solution and OC ability.
The same for the MSI TF and for the same reasons. The MSI 'Afterburner' is great software as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121437&cm_re=hd_6950-_-14-121-437-_-Product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127575&cm_re=hd_6950-_-14-127-575-_-Product

*** make sure these will fit in your case******

last post

ty red1776, I read that last post on my cell phone, I see you gave me a power recommendation, ty. When you say don't expect much performance, I am a little confused. Will my rating on Windows 7 go up? I have 4.2 now because of graphics. If I purchase this gpu and power, will my computer perform better?

ty red1776, I read that last post on my cell phone, I see you gave me a power recommendation, ty. When you say don't expect much performance, I am a little confused. Will my rating on Windows 7 go up? I have 4.2 now because of graphics. If I purchase this gpu and power, will my computer perform better?

I thought you were referring to the 'Hybrid' feature of the 780G chipset. the 780G will add the additional computing power of your on board graphics to certain discreet graphic cards. It does not add much in the way of performance however.
i think it was compatible with a few 3xxx series cards anyway, thats what I was referring to. Adding a card like the 6950 will get you up in 7.3 area. :)

If the Corsair HX is a bit much $$ wise, I would go with something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096

Nice! I think I am going to get this power, and as for the gpu, I will do a lil more research. To be clear, my mobo has 780g chipset, with the Radeon 3200 intergrated graphics. I am interested to know how it works putting a graphics card in the open pci-e x16 slot. Do they work together, thereby giving me better graphics? Or is it one or the other? What graphic card do you recommend to bring my rating up to 7.2? (Windows 7 rating). I am not much of a gamer, but I would like to have good enough graphics to invite my nephew over to play on my computer. He has ps3 games. Black Opps, etc. Thanks for the feedback, this is a great website! :)

I am almost certian that the hybrid graphics feature is (was) only compatible with some of the HD 3xxx cards so you will have to forgo that aspect, but as I said adding the "power' of the 3200 IGP would not yield any discernible difference any.
The 6950 will get you to around 7.2-7.3 score.(graphics score) It will play just about anything on highest at 1080P
If you want to bump it back a bit and don't need that level graphics the HD 6850 or the Nvidia GTX550Ti will serve you well.

Thanks for the feedback, this is a great website!

...well I have help of course..:p

Back