What is the best Laptop for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggie55

Some are telling me anything with 64-bits and windows 7 will not work on a lot of games. Now I do play CrossFire a lot, so will this work on CrossFire?
I am trying to stay around $1,000.00, and I need a low ping & high FPS.
So what do you have for me?

Thank You!

You may have a look at ibuypower they allow you to customize/configure your own notebook/ and PCs.

At 1000$ you can get a mid-range gaming notebook; not a high-end complete with all the bells & whistles etc.

Having said that for about, there can be few choices you may choose to have a loot at.

1. Dell's Alienware Mx15/or 17 (you can customize specs) but nothing here starts below 1000$ mark.
2. This HP dv6 is worth having a look as well
3. Levono Idea Pad, seem reasonably good midrange solution.
4. Asus G51Vx, and review here.

As Archean pointed out with a grand you're not going to get anything high-end but for sure a solid mid-range laptop. Also since you said you played CrossFire mainly I'd like to point out that it's not really a demanding game (specs), but according to the site it does not support Windows 7. Googling around I read that some got it working for 64bit but not 32bit, so good news for you :) . Still you should double check at the official forums and see what others who have tried it say.

Also to get a low ping just make sure you have a good net connection and aren't using WiFi!

I haven't done much research for gaming laptops as of late, so I can't recommend specific models, but the short answer is to buy the laptop with the fastest GPU possible.

You are going to have to look a bit harder than usual because $1,000 is not a whole lot for a gaming laptop, while it does get you a pretty decent general purpose machine, that's not what you want.

These guys usually have the best information about mobile GPUs performance:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/

Exactly that 1,000$ limit gets you not much further; when i tried to build a notebook (to see what sort figures i'll get) which I would actually want (if i was looking to play game son it); after customization I ended up with the price tag of about 2,000$+.

Edit:
notebookcheck has a review of Asus G73JH and I think its very capable gaming notebook.

I'm going to put this out here, be VERY careful not to be lured in by laptops with huge gpu's, such as the 9800m/gtxm (or whatever it is, the mobile 9800 gtx).

My friend has had his Gateway replaced 3 times, all due to it overheating and "melting the GPU", causing artifacts, etc, to slowly appear.

Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better.

Heat is a major issue with these sort of notebooks; so it would be appropriate to use a cooling pad along with these to keep temperatures under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back