What is the problem with Bearshare?? It won't load up! Help, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrenter

I hate this program already. I give them my CC card and it won't start. The .exe file does NOTHING when I double-click it. What is this? A con or what? Has anyone had the same problem?

Before using any p2p software. I suggest you read THIS.

If after doing that you still want to use p2p, then don`t be surprised if your computer gets infected with viruses/spyware/malware etc.

I see these kind of problems all to often in our security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for the reply Howard, I know that several p2p programs use spyware/adware. I have managed to remove them in the past though and have the program run properly. With Bearshare however as soon as I installed it, hashed my library and closed it; when I tryed to reopen it...well I clicked.exe/shortcut, nothing happened/happens. Surely there's a reason why it doesn't open up?

I don't think it was a wive move to give the your CC either but that's another matter...

Thanks guys for the advice. I payed for the PRO version which should of had no adware/spyware but guess what, it did. Well you learn... Maybe it might be able get more sources when searching compared to the Free version. However, I have just managed to get the program running. I think the bundled adware/spyware must of been conflicting on startup because my firewall/antivirus would of said something if that was conflicting with program. Thanks again.

Hi all,
Just wanted to post to this because I hate Bear Share!! The p2p sucks to!! Some people like it some dont. The one I use is Limewire. I have had Limewire for sometime now and I have had no problems at all. Anything I want to look for is there. Go to www.limewire.com

Limewire isn't that great in inexperienced hands either.

Search the forum for "limewire" and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I'll be waiting to say I told you so when you get a virus. And if you're doing what I reckon you're doing(e.g. downloading songs/movies) with that p2p software, you are a criminal. Congratulations. It really annoys me that people use these p2p programs when I pay for every song on my iPod. :mad:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All I can say is you`ve been one of the lucky ones.

Even if the p2p programme itself is ok, the content certainly isn`t.

If you do a search of our site for limewaire, you`ll no doubt find some threads in the security and the web forum, where members have had serious infections through the use of Limewire.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back