What is Windows Hardware Remove

learninmypc

It could be Windows Hardware Remover but the "r" don't show up.
Anyhow, I was scrolling thru my WPM tunes when I saw thisWindows Hardware remove.jpg
At this point, I'm just curious. I haven't used my WMP on this W7 yet. I've only used VLC.

Looks like you made the mistake of letting WMP scan your entire computer for media files. The above is most likely that DADUM sound that windows uses. The multiples are probably themed versions.

I'd delete everything and only manually specify your music folders.

CTRL+A, delete all (but don't delete file, when it asks you, delete from library only.)

Then, top-left: Organize > Manage Libraries > Music. Go ahead and choose your music folder.

Ok, I tried CTRL+A & nothing happens. However, I did go back into WMP & started deleting them from the LIBRARY only. I went looking for a folder in hopes of deleting them in a click, but didn't find it. Will continue deleting them singularly, give me a bit.:)

You can click on one, scroll a bit down, and click on another whilst holding SHIFT. This will highlight them all.

Or click on one and CTRL+A should work then...

What happened was, WMP imported Windows system sounds into your library lol. This is bad. :p

I managed to delete most of them. Trying to find a way to turn the updating off so it won't happen again.

Maybe go to Organise > Options > Player > DESELECT Add local media files to library when played.

Otherwise, it shouldn't happen again. The initial scan happens when you first launch WMP.

Maybe go to Organise > Options > Player > DESELECT Add local media files to library when played.

Otherwise, it shouldn't happen again. The initial scan happens when you first launch WMP.
I did that & will hope it won't update its self again, thanks.

I won't argue that. As I previously said, I've not even used it on this pc yet. I've been using VLC since I got this pc in Dec 2012.
I never use Windows Media player because it is complicated and there is something about VLC that is just better.

I just wish MS would listen to the user for input instead of thinking they know what is best. I loved & prefered WMP 9 I think it was. Personally, I like the visualizations they had. Anyhow, have a nice day. :)

No one is really disagreeing. :D I'm just pointing out the differences for you, since you don't seem aware of them.

VLC, foobar, are playlist-based media players. WMP, Winamp, MedaMonkey etc, these are all media library organisers which manage your entire library. There's key differences with them, it's useful to know when choosing what program to use for a particular purpose. :)

In the end, yes, they all do play stuff. :p

Ok, my apologies. I've always preferred WMP because it "was" (IMO) easy to use. Then I tried out winamp, don't remember why I left it. Have had & dumped real player & then I found out about VLC & fell in love with it because it can play flv videos back to back.
I got this W7 on 12/23/12 & put Vlc on it & have used it exclusively till I decided to check out WMP. Didn't realize I'd have to download some visualizations to enjoy as the music plays. The VLC visualizations leave alot to be desired.LOL.

Back