What is your favorite movie?

The movies that impacted me the most were probably, "A Clockwork Orange", "Blade Runner", and "Forbidden Planet".

Obviously the FX business has come a long, long way since then, but these movies set the tone, flavor, and depth of plot, of what would become my future expectations.

If you'd like to have some fun watching the Sci-Fi genre evolve, dig up a copy of the original, "War of the Worlds", and afterwards, watch the Tom Cruise remake.

Slaughterhouse 5, Dark Victory, What dreams May Come, A Clockwork Orange, Cool Hand Luke, Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan. Star Wars (1977) M.A.S.H.
Yikes, I think I have a top 200.
NOT Gone With the Wind! Don't get it, never will...possibly because I don't give a damn. Guffaw, guffaw.

I notice you didn't mention that "Rosebud" s*** either. "Citizen Kane" or something like that.. So for GWTW, you're vote is, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".? Black Swan was very dark, even by my standards. But, it's nice to see Natalie Portman getting work, (and half undressed no less), since her "Queen Amidala" heydays. I always consider her the Jewish Keira Knightly. Although that's a wild guess based on the "man" suffix in her surnane. At one point they looked like twin sisters. You could tell Keira by her slight overbite, and yeah well, the British accent. For a great Keira Knightley flick, try, "King Arthur" with Clive Owen. Oh, and "Sucker Punch", an off the wall FX multi-layered VR extravaganza that, (IMHO of course), was vastly underrated. It would mesh well with a video gamer's sensibilities.

Blazing Saddles is such a good movie. Not my fav but definitely up there.

Mainstream? I've probably watched "Once Upon a Time in America" and "Cool Hand Luke" for entertainment value many times.
As far as movies that stuck in the memory: Oldboy (not looking forward to the Hollywood remake this year) , Léon, and Blade Runner.

They're remaking Oldboy? Wow... not sure America can handle that one if it's anything like the original. I made my father-in-law watch it and he was in shock.

As far as movies that stuck in the memory: Oldboy (not looking forward to the Hollywood remake this year) , Léon, and Blade Runner.

You definitely get a like for mentioning those movies!

Some of my favourites are: Pulp Fiction, The Matrix, Fight Club, City of God and more recently The Dark Knight and Kick ***.

Time Travel Movie Favorites
Somewhere in Time
The Final Countdown
Time Rider
Beyond the Time Barrier
The Philadelphia Experiment
Frequency

Some of my favorite movies:
Pretty Woman (Richard Gere & Julia Roberts )
27 dresses (Catherine Heigl & James Marsden)
The Ten Commandments (Charlton Heston)
The Horse Whisperer (Robert Redford)
Karate Kid (Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan)

Back