What is your home page and for how long?

InsaneVr6

Just curious as to what other users see when they get on the internet!

For me its the wonderful Google:cool:

I have had google as my homepage since I first touched any computer, and to tell the truth I hate it when I use another computer and need to look something up and google is not right there to greet me...

Also, the first thing I do when I reformat my computer is set google.com as my homepage.....yes its that bad haha.

idk just thought I would ask

Opera's Speed Dial. Instantly have 9 pages ready to load in a click of the mouse on my Mac and 16 on my PC.

Well thats not entirely true, its not my true home page as in if I click Home I don't go to speed dial. But I never click home. I click new tab and my true "home" page is one of the 9 or 16. If I want a new tab though, speed dial is right there on that page without having to do anything, so I see it more often than a home page anyway. But to actually answer the question, my true home page is http://www.totalfark.com/Commented.html

I love Opera's speed dial! But the browser crashed on my computer a lot. And sometimes I had to End Task, and things didn't get any better. I switched back to Firefox.

Homepage set to iGoogle for several months now at home. And it's Google for work.

I made my own home page with my favorite links and put it on my hard disk for my browsers to access. I've been doing that since 1996.

:)

pic

Yeh thats a great idea, from 1996....

Opera's Speed Dial has addressed that since Opera 9. Now you have at least 9 pages at your fingertips, instantly.

But, sure, go on, tell yourself firefox is ahead of the curve :)

I have TS' homepage set as home but Firefox is set to open the same tabs as last time which is amazingly useful for me

my homepage at home is the last one/ones i view before closing firefox. it's really convenient. i use this ff feature for several months now, i guess it's 4.
homepage at work is company's 'tasks to do manager'. i use it since they decided to collect all the reports in a digital way but i can't tell when it all started.

I actually use techspot as my home page on most of my machines - have done so ever since we changed our site from 3dspotlight

I have never heard of Speed Dial before now. By the screenshots it looks pretty handy. Maybe my laptop can use that......im not ready to give up Google for anything just yet..

EDIT:

I just installed Opera with Speed Dial on my laptop and its awesome! This may be my new browser all together! However, the only thing I want to mention is why are there "9" webpage slots....seems like a random number to pick in my opinion...anyway its great all together..and it seems that the pages open faster? Maybe its just me.

My answer depends on the machine that I am using. If it is personal, I have Google as the home page. On my various business PC's, I have the specific company's home page as my start up page. I like to know that they are up and running, etc.

Ha, I have the Opera users beat in number of Speed Dial Links... I have 25 links at my fingertips using Opera. You have to edit one of Operas INI files and so I went up to 25. I have every single one filled and visit every one frequently.

wow! the opera speed dial looks pretty awesome..
I'm personally considering the list of links option for my IE7 but this one is pretty enticing.

Back