TechSpot

What is your take on MCE?

By ingeborgdot
Jan 13, 2007
  1. I have never installed MCE on a computer before. I was wondering what people think about it. The people I am making the computer for will be working with video, music, pictures etc. Is MCE better than pro for that? I am adding a tuner also for video capture and to be able to watch tv etc. Please get back about your thoughts. Thanks.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

If its going to be used like a real computer there is almost no difference between it and pro for video music and pictures. If its going to be hooked up to a tv and used for viewing pictures, movies, and listening to music it is far better and simpler than anything else out there.

3. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 434

What do people recommend?

4. peepnklown

peepnklown TS Rookie Posts: 126

I concur with SNGX.

5. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 462

It's Xp pro with some features disablaled and media center program. The media center works good with just a remote. It's not much better than programs you can get for Xp or Linux.

6. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 434

What I have seen is that people don't like the 3rd party programs as much as MCE! They say MCE works much better.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.