What kind of laptop do you have?

By amym1586
Oct 7, 2007
  1. What do you have?

What would you recommend ?
  2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

the best laptops are HP or high end dell's, stay away from fujitsu siemens whatever you do.
  3. TCool

TCool TS Rookie Posts: 64

Seems with dell you either get one that is really good, or you get one that is absolutely horrible. I bought an Inspiron 9400 for $2,000 and have had nothing but problems with it since I've gotten it. But, I have a friend who has the exact same computer and he has had absolutely no problems with it.
  4. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

yeah dells are like that, my dad was looking into one but i said i'd make him a better one for cheaper plus it'll be upgradable and not filled with junk when it arrives ;)

i just remembered, toshiba laptops aren't particularly amazing either
  5. poriggity

poriggity TS Rookie

I know lots of people are gonna laugh, but I am pretty impressed with this Acer Aspire 3680. My only complaint so far is there is no external volume control. I have to go to the taskbar to turn down the volume.
  6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

That sucks!
  7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

I've got a Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz, 15", 1440x960 resolution (highest ever avaiable on a 15" Apple notebook), DVD Burner. It is an amazing machine, wouldn't do anything different about it if I could.
  8. poriggity

poriggity TS Rookie

Trust me, I know that sucks :D Oh well. so far its the only complaint, and I can learn to deal with the volume control, as this is a home use only laptop. I wanted a Mac, but I just couldn't justify the price on them, as opposed to this $400 laptop, with essentially the same operating specs.
  9. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

I've got an Acer TravelMate 3260 and don't have many complaints so far.

The hard drive seems to get hot, but that's normal for a laptop. Also, it doesn't have an external volume control either, but it does have hotkeys for volume (Fn+up/down).

It is fairly light, compared to others I've used. It could probably idle for around 3 hours or a little less on a full battery; I'm not sure how this compares to other notebooks.

I recently ordered a Dell for work. So far I've been impressed by that system as well.
  10. poriggity

poriggity TS Rookie

Thanks for the hint, as I didn't RTFM.. Those same volume hotkeys work on my aspire 3680 as well. Sweet! :D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.