What kind of laptop do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems with dell you either get one that is really good, or you get one that is absolutely horrible. I bought an Inspiron 9400 for $2,000 and have had nothing but problems with it since I've gotten it. But, I have a friend who has the exact same computer and he has had absolutely no problems with it.

yeah dells are like that, my dad was looking into one but i said i'd make him a better one for cheaper plus it'll be upgradable and not filled with junk when it arrives ;)

i just remembered, toshiba laptops aren't particularly amazing either

I know lots of people are gonna laugh, but I am pretty impressed with this Acer Aspire 3680. My only complaint so far is there is no external volume control. I have to go to the taskbar to turn down the volume.
Scott

I know lots of people are gonna laugh, but I am pretty impressed with this Acer Aspire 3680. My only complaint so far is there is no external volume control. I have to go to the taskbar to turn down the volume.
Scott

That sucks!

I've got a Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz, 15", 1440x960 resolution (highest ever avaiable on a 15" Apple notebook), DVD Burner. It is an amazing machine, wouldn't do anything different about it if I could.

Trust me, I know that sucks :D Oh well. so far its the only complaint, and I can learn to deal with the volume control, as this is a home use only laptop. I wanted a Mac, but I just couldn't justify the price on them, as opposed to this $400 laptop, with essentially the same operating specs.
Scott

I've got an Acer TravelMate 3260 and don't have many complaints so far.

The hard drive seems to get hot, but that's normal for a laptop. Also, it doesn't have an external volume control either, but it does have hotkeys for volume (Fn+up/down).

It is fairly light, compared to others I've used. It could probably idle for around 3 hours or a little less on a full battery; I'm not sure how this compares to other notebooks.

I recently ordered a Dell for work. So far I've been impressed by that system as well.

Thanks for the hint, as I didn't RTFM.. Those same volume hotkeys work on my aspire 3680 as well. Sweet! :D
SCOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back