What new Video card for World of Warcraft?

By qwiksilvertrav
Jul 1, 2008
  1. Hi everyone, I'm currently lookin to upgrade my video card to better handle WoW.

My stystem specs are
    Dell Demension E520
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Intel Pentium D Duo Core 2.8 Ghz
    3 Gigs Ram

Currently running on the factory video card and only typically get 15 fps and at times only 5!!
    I'm lookin for a nice upgrade for cheap. I'm not a hardcore gamer and do not need something insane!
    Any advice would be great!
  2. Zilliak

Zilliak TS Booster Posts: 164

3. Darth_Terra1

Darth_Terra1 TS Rookie Posts: 212

I agree with the 8600GT or GTS it's a good card for the price ie it's pretty cheap now and will run WOW no problem.
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Get a 7300GT. It's very cheap and will run WoW quite well. You could get the 8600GT for about $20-30 more, which would allow you to play the game very smoothly while maxing out all the graphics detail options. But anything beyond that is a waste of money just for playing WoW.
  5. qwiksilvertrav

qwiksilvertrav TS Rookie Topic Starter

Any updates on newer video cards that have maybe fallen in price? I never really got around to actually buying a card. But now that we're at christmas and my gf has no idea on what to get me, this seems like a good option! lol

System specs are still the same above in my first post.

That 7300GT e-GeForce is available for 35 bucks!! If that's able to run Wow with no problems and is basically plug and play in my PC that might just be my best option. I mean ya can't go wrong for 35.00!

Any advice?
  6. adweston

adweston Banned Posts: 242

I can assure you, through experience, that the 3650 Silent from Asus does an awesome job in WoW.
  7. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

To avoid you writing this all the time:
    Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile
  8. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Personally I'd recommend a 7900 gs or 7950 because of the native 512 memory on the cards and fastest clock rates in the 7 series. Willing to donate it.
  9. qwiksilvertrav

Really?! I'd be more than willing to pay shipping!! I looked it up and is it the BFG nVidia GeForce 7950GT OC? I really am not goin to be picky at all lol. If it works on my PC and will run Wow well I'll be happy! lol

There service tag is 9fmtsc1 if that helps!
  10. LinkedKube

11. qwiksilvertrav

I'd definitely love to have that video card. Shipping would be to Saint Paul MN 55130. Can you quote me on a price? I can send it via paypal or however you prefer. Let me know the details and I'll definitely take it off your hands! I can't pm you because I don't have enough posts. lol I'm assuming you can pm me so just let me know! Thanks!!!
  12. LinkedKube

I'm not selling the card, if you read through my post. I just simply requested that he pays for the shipping of the card. I'm giving the card to him. I am very aware of the rules here.
  13. LinkedKube

I understand your point, i could charge what i want for shipping, but all I'd have to do is send him my address and he could pay for the shipping via fedex or ups, w/e he prefers. He pays for it, they pick it up, deliver it to him, end of story.

I've done this before with a member from ohio, for a cpu. Kind of went through this once before. As long as I wasnt advertising sales of an item or solicitation of any kind im fine.

I'll work it out w/o breaking rules :p
  14. kimsland

I'm receiving advice on this from Julio, I'll post back when I know his reponse
    Also I removed a reply you just made in the Introduce yourself forum, please note there's no technical support in that forum
  15. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,024   +612

Looks like free hardware from a well established member, I don't see the issue here :)
  16. kimsland

I apologize to you supersmashbrada.
    I have re-instated your posts, and removed my incorrect ones. :eek:
  17. qwiksilvertrav

Ok well to get back on topic lol. I'd be more than happy to pay for shipping etc! Please pm me and let me know and I'll send the money asap. Thank you so much!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.