What new Video card for World of Warcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwiksilvertrav

Hi everyone, I'm currently lookin to upgrade my video card to better handle WoW.

My stystem specs are
Dell Demension E520
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Pentium D Duo Core 2.8 Ghz
3 Gigs Ram

Currently running on the factory video card and only typically get 15 fps and at times only 5!!
I'm lookin for a nice upgrade for cheap. I'm not a hardcore gamer and do not need something insane!
Any advice would be great!

I agree with the 8600GT or GTS it's a good card for the price ie it's pretty cheap now and will run WOW no problem.

Get a 7300GT. It's very cheap and will run WoW quite well. You could get the 8600GT for about $20-30 more, which would allow you to play the game very smoothly while maxing out all the graphics detail options. But anything beyond that is a waste of money just for playing WoW.

Any updates on newer video cards that have maybe fallen in price? I never really got around to actually buying a card. But now that we're at christmas and my gf has no idea on what to get me, this seems like a good option! lol

System specs are still the same above in my first post.

That 7300GT e-GeForce is available for 35 bucks!! If that's able to run Wow with no problems and is basically plug and play in my PC that might just be my best option. I mean ya can't go wrong for 35.00!

Any advice?

Get a 7300GT. It's very cheap and will run WoW quite well. You could get the 8600GT for about $20-30 more, which would allow you to play the game very smoothly while maxing out all the graphics detail options. But anything beyond that is a waste of money just for playing WoW.

Personally I'd recommend a 7900 gs or 7950 because of the native 512 memory on the cards and fastest clock rates in the 7 series. Willing to donate it.

Really?! I'd be more than willing to pay shipping!! I looked it up and is it the BFG nVidia GeForce 7950GT OC? I really am not goin to be picky at all lol. If it works on my PC and will run Wow well I'll be happy! lol

There service tag is 9fmtsc1 if that helps!

I'd definitely love to have that video card. Shipping would be to Saint Paul MN 55130. Can you quote me on a price? I can send it via paypal or however you prefer. Let me know the details and I'll definitely take it off your hands! I can't pm you because I don't have enough posts. lol I'm assuming you can pm me so just let me know! Thanks!!!

Tech Spot forums and its members is not newegg
Personally buying and selling items here (in the forums), is against TechSpot's terms of conditions.

I'm not selling the card, if you read through my post. I just simply requested that he pays for the shipping of the card. I'm giving the card to him. I am very aware of the rules here.

I understand your point, i could charge what i want for shipping, but all I'd have to do is send him my address and he could pay for the shipping via fedex or ups, w/e he prefers. He pays for it, they pick it up, deliver it to him, end of story.

I've done this before with a member from ohio, for a cpu. Kind of went through this once before. As long as I wasnt advertising sales of an item or solicitation of any kind im fine.

I'll work it out w/o breaking rules :p

I'm receiving advice on this from Julio, I'll post back when I know his reponse
Also I removed a reply you just made in the Introduce yourself forum, please note there's no technical support in that forum

Ok well to get back on topic lol. I'd be more than happy to pay for shipping etc! Please pm me and let me know and I'll send the money asap. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back