TechSpot

What OC could I achieve with...

1. ...with an ASRock 970 Extreme 3, that and the Phenom X4 965, cooled with a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, what kind of OC do you think I might be able to achieve?

Thanks

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,123   +1,523

There is no way to know for sure what over-clock anyone can achieve, every CPU has a different over-clock ceiling. There are other variables to factor in as well; room temperature, case design, cooling methods, thermal compound application, and over-clock methods. Using the Hyper 212 Plus will help very little if you have poor case ventilation or hot room temperatures.

3. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,274   +152

3.8 ghz at 1.35 volts is stable and not really hotter than stock for me.

4 ghz is about the limit for me and requires 1.45 volts and will be stable if you are one of the lucky few :)

Also depends on what version of the chip you have, the c3 is usually a little better to overclock.

Watch your temps, Anything under 55 degrees under full load is passable, threshold is 61 degrees.

I run mine at 3.8 on a daily basis, no problems at all.

4. childofthetao

childofthetao TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 216

Got it, never allow the max load temp to go over 55.

5. PC nerd

PC nerd TS Booster Posts: 326   +38

My 955BE is stable at 4GHz @1.428V. Max temperature is 50°C with an NH-D14.

6. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

The vast majority of them oc to 3.8-4.1GHz

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.