What program can I use to detect my mouse DPI?

By treetops
Nov 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. As well as other specs, like the ms and such. I bought a mouse from China on Ebay for about 8$ new. The specs say its the same as the death adder, but I have my doubts. I am sure its still a good mouse for the price, but Im curious how good is it? I wanna know did they copy paste the death adder specs or did I really get a smoking deal on this mouse?

here is the mouse btw
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281014362846?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

p.s. the damn dragon light is blinding me while I type, can I turn it off with software?

p.s.s. the middle mouse wheel is slow hmm (compared to my old mouse)
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,386   +608

It seems hard to believe that the sensor would be the same.. But I have no ideas on how to actually test.
  3. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 1,653   +51

I read on a old forum thread from a google search that you can measure your mouse's dpi by moving it across the screen, then record how many inches your cursor moves from how many inches you mouse itself moves. The details are a little fuzzy.

Anyways anyone got an idea about this? If not back to the google board.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,725   +874

Is it a legit razor or a copy?
  5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,386   +608

Mouse acceleration makes this method useless unfortunately.
  6. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 1,653   +51

Its a knock off of some kind but supposedly has the same specs.
  7. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,725   +874

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.