What program opens a *.BIN file?

By mhopeck
Apr 8, 2004
  1. Can anyone help me? I need to know what opens a *.BIN file, I don't think I have the correct program. I am running Windows XP
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Notepad will do it unless it's very big..

If you mean you downloaded a CD image off Kazaa (of which you have a perfectly legal copy on CD also of course) then you need to have a .cue file to match the .bin.
  3. mhopeck

mhopeck TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

exactly, except for the fact that i found out that i could use WinISO to convert the .BIN file to an .ISO so that I could copy it onto the way, what program would I use for a .CUE file? AND, if it's not too much to ask...I keep getting these runtime errors when I'm on the internet, what's the deal?
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

I'm not familiar with any BIN files which notepad can open.. Properly at least.

BIN is always program data.. Hence the simliarity to "binary".

BIN is a popular CD image format and requires a program such as WinISO or UltraISO to view. Also, using many programs, a .CUE file is not necessary. But a .CUE file is a common companion to .BIN files.

If you would like to burn a BIN file to a CD, you can do so by using the "burn image" function of many popular CD burning software,s including Nero.
  5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

The .CUE file is just an easier way for certian programs to read the .BIN file, and tell it certain things to do.
  6. upallnightoo

upallnightoo TS Rookie Posts: 17

get isobuster that works for me
  7. Rory7

Rory7 TS Rookie Posts: 119

8. compaq

compaq TS Rookie

Hi, i need your help profs.

i downloaded nba live 2006 in cue file. And i dont know what program opens it. I tried alcohol 120, but here is what mesage i am getting:

Unable to mount image. Cue sheet: line 1 - FILE command must apear before any other commans.

What does that means??? How can i open it?

Thank you
  9. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

& it could not be more evident that you're asking about warez information.

Thread closed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.