What PSU would you recommend?

By l1ghtn1ng
Feb 24, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. hi i have at mo 400 watt psu and a 4 gig amd quad core processor and a nvidia gtx 520 graphics card with at the mo 2 gig of ram but am waiting on my new 8 gig ram to come though the post and i also have a dual layer dvd writer and a 1tb hard drive it works fine with the 400 watt psu bt as soon as i download utorrent and start to download the files fail and then my computer runs really sluggish and then sometimes will fail to boot up but this only happens mainly after i have installed utorrent any ideas what could be the matter and how i can solve it thank you very much
  2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

I don't think this is a PSU issue, you don't have many components and the GT 520 is a low power card (Nvidia's website recommends a 300W power supply).

Sounds like you probably downloaded a virus or something... you can try cleaning up your computer or reformatting.
  3. l1ghtn1ng

l1ghtn1ng Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

oh rite i c u sure it defo nt the power supply it is a 1gig ddr3 and soz its a nvidia gt 520 graphics card that came out last year and i noticed saying this u r prob rite as since i haven't tried to download anything it has worked ok and no problem yet wot does it mean if the monitor starts blinking white and no images on screen then after a few times it then says no signal or sumthing along those lines and that happens when it is plugged in the graphics card and also when i try plugging the monitor into the on board vga port any ideas could it b a driver problem?
  4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,385   +205

l1ghtn1ng, please try to use standard English spelling, grammar and punctuation instead of text talk in these forums. Thanks.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.