What should I do with my OCZ Vertex Series 2.5 SATA II SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glove64

Hello,

I have a Dell Mini 9 with a 16GB SSD in it. I don't save many files on my computer so until recently, the 16GB hard drive was more than enough for my use and I found the speed to be very good. I decided to upgrade to a 30GB SSD but when I purchased it I mistakenly bought a OCZ 2.5 SATA II 30GB hard drive rather than the PCI-E compatible drive. Obviously an embarassing error on my part but now I need to decide what to do. I got a great deal on the 30GB OCZ drive on tigerdirect.com. I could return it but after paying the shipping to return the item plus a 15% restocking fee I have done the math and figured I might as well just keep the drive. My question is what is my best option for getting the most for my money? Buy a new (or refurbished) laptop and use the OCZ drive for that or use the drive for a future use and go ahead and buy the correct SSD for the Dell Mini? I would also consider an option to buy a desktop and use the SATA drive for that. Appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

Sell the ssd on ebay for the price you paid and buy the correct format of ssd you need. If you plan on getting a desktop soon I'd consider keeping it, but I wouldnt get the desktop just because you have the ssd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back