What should I do with my server?

Recently I set up a server just for what I thought was fun of doing it. but now I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with it. I don't necessarily want to sell it, but I need to do something with it so its working for me rather than me working to keep it up and running.

(for a do it yourself project I don't see it being worth anything/attractive to anyone else. if it is I'm not sure how to go about selling it. this would be terms of how to make it appear attractive to a potential buyer, if I could ever find one.)

You could have all your desktops and laptops back up to it on a regular schedule. Can also store all your media on it and then buy the smaller faster SSDs for current systems.

Perhaps some more information about your other computers and networkable devices is needed before a very good answer can be given.

There are several types of servers {web, file, media, email, exchange} to name a few.

Precisely, what did you install (name & version please)?

Even without a a-prioi purpose, one can always use a package as a learning tool for personal growth.
However, normally an ISP will restrict specific type of usage via the EULA and thus prohibit hi traffic access
like a web server.

Back