What should I do? :/

Hey everyone,
alright so here's my story...first of all I had an old motherboard which had a AM2 slot for the CPU. Also,I have a Double Diamond Radeon HD 7770 GhZ Edition,and apparently it couldn't give it's 100% because my CPU was really bad...it was a dual core. So I decided to buy a whole new motherboard with DDR3 Ram. Unfortunately,I didn't check that the motherboard I bought only supported SATA connections. But not worries,I had to buy a new hard drive anyways because I only had a 320GB. The CPU I bought is a AMD FX 8350 8 core processor. So when I installed everything. I booted up my PC and I installed all my drivers and components I needed. The system needed to reboot a few times,so I did. But once I tried to login into my system,20-30 seconds later my PC restarted...WITHOUT any warning or error. So then I kept trying but it would do the same thing over and over again. I tried going into Safe Mode,and it worked perfectly...well,almost. I tried opening google chrome/internet explorer and whenever it would load a website like Youtube or Facebook,you would see the images and other stuff loading,and then it would restart. Later on I tried to press F8 when the PC started so I can choose a different option. I chose "Disable automatic restart on system failure" to see if that would work...guess what. This time,the system didn't restart,it just shut down completely,and again,WITHOUT any warnings or errors. Then I thought that maybe it's my graphics card,so I tried installing my older card,the 6570HD,but same problem. I did make sure that the drivers were up-to-date,downloaded from the website directly. Finally I gave up and I dropped my PC to a shop called "MicryBytes" and the technician over there told me that my power supply wasn't good enough to power up everything. It's a 400W...okay. I agree that kinda sucks and I can get a 600-700W one. Also,he said that my processor was "Damaged" I couldn't believe it...it was brand new and it was damaged? How the...Whatever,Okay. He told me that he was gonna send this back to AMD and they would send a new one... I actually doubt it.
So my question is... is AMD really going to send a new processor? Because it's been almost 2 weeks since it's in the shop and he was telling me that the processor would come within 3-5 days. Well,it's been a while now and I need my PC back. Is he playing with me or something? The processor just never came...
What should I do? Should I get my PC back? Even if I do,I don't even know that if he actually still has my "Damaged" processor.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks. :)

Yeah, 400W probably wouldn't cut it, especially if it was old. Did you also apply thermal paste to the CPU?

IF the power supply was causing the system to shutdown due to insufficient power, any number of devices could be damaged.

Yeah, 400W probably wouldn't cut it, especially if it was old. Did you also apply thermal paste to the CPU?

IF the power supply was causing the system to shutdown due to insufficient power, any number of devices could be damaged.

Well yes I did apply thermal paste to the CPU. So basically,the whole thing was caused because of my PSU? O_O

Yes I TRYED to run a min of 404W on a 250W Welp guess what I got? a little fire and a damaged Cpu and Gpu luckly my mobo was fine tho

Well yes I did apply thermal paste to the CPU. So basically,the whole thing was caused because of my PSU? O_O

Possibly. The PC was exposed to unsafe voltages. Depending on the MOBO and PSU, it is hard to tell which components were affected. Like the guy above, the whole thing can catch on fire! :(

Possibly. The PC was exposed to unsafe voltages. Depending on the MOBO and PSU, it is hard to tell which components were affected. Like the guy above, the whole thing can catch on fire! :(
Yep exactly im just glad my $150 new asus mobo was fine or I would of flipped But im just glad I was able to put out the fire before it went to my wall then some sh!t would of went down But yeah I need a min of 404W and im buying an 500W just to be safe Here is a really cheap site! http://www.microcenter.com/

Back