TechSpot

What should I get?

By TimeParadoX
Nov 8, 2006
  1. Im getting a socket AM2 mobo and wanted to know what are some good links to processors out there?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813186099 that's the Mobo im getting but im thinking of getting a new one because some people in the reviews say it sucks.. so im planning on getting a new PSU and RAM so can you link some please?

2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

How much are u willing to spend? That will be the deciding factor for my recommendations.

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,273

4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Will u be needing a beefy PSU?

5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,273

6. Rage_3K_Moiz

An mATX mobo will fit into a standard ATX and an mATX case. But an ATX mobo will need an ATX case. Get the Antec Sonata II. It's a great case and the 450W PSU in it will easily support either card. Plus it's really cheap.

7. Rage_3K_Moiz

On the other hand, I'd rather u don't. It would be too risky. Stick with this one instead and get the Antec Sonata II as ur case. It would make a difference of almost $100 after rebates. I have that same PSU and it is awesome. It powers my whole machine effortlessly.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.