What sound card do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidude36

Sorry if this isn't a relavant question but i just formatted my old desktop. I have completely forgotten what sound card i have. Its a pci sound card which I bought very cheaply a few years back. I bought it because my on board sound screwed up and i couldn't be bothered to sort it out (after a month of trying)

Anyways back to where i am now; I've reformatted my pc and have got all of my drivers set up exept the audio, I cannot remember for the life of me what drivers it had, i didn't keep the box and i also tryed checking what it actually says on the card... a few number which i typed into google and returned something about Cmedia devices but i still can't find any drivers for it.

Anyways again is there a program i can download to check what driver i need for it? Or perhaps you can direct me to how i can check out what drivers i need.
Thanks!

edit - i have fixed it, thanks to howard_hopkinso 's advice. I downloaded all the drivers for pci sound cards on cmedias website untill i found the right driver :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back