What the best virus program and how you like bit defender total security

By tpw
Jun 9, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What the best virus program and how you like bitdefender total security.
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

I don't know that there is any 'best' antivirus program! But there are many good ones: But you can find a listing and review here:
    http://www.consumersearch.com/www/software/antivirus-software/

As for Bitdefender Total Security, my preference is for stand alone programs, not security suites. The reason being that when a problem comes up it is often difficult to determine which part of the suite is causing it and how to fix it.

But I would take issue with BD suite in particular as it not only contains security programs but a tune up module. I would not want all of those features in one program.

As to the basic security needs:
    One antivirus program
    One firewall
    Two or more spyware/adware programs.

Tune up programs should be separate and I do not recommend a Registry cleaner.
  3. tpw

tpw TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 104

what virus program u useing bobbye and why thanks
  4. Xfactor

Xfactor Newcomer, in training Posts: 76

I like windows live 1 care(90 day trial)Anti-virus

House call 6.6 and Trend micro Anti-virus/spyware(30 day trial)
  5. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +35

Sorry, for some reason, I'm not getting notice of replies. I now use the paid version of AVG and have been very pleased with it. I used eTrust AV from Computer Associate for many years, but they insisted I get their security suite when renewal time came up and billed me for it. I don't do suites. Unfortunately, as some the these companies grow, their whole attitude changes!

I don't use any of the security programs offered by Microsoft.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.