What to put on a RAM disk?

Jskid

I am asking this question on behalf of someone else:

What can I put on a RAM disk?

Right now, I have Chrome's browser cache and noticed a SIGNIFICANT difference in the speed of page loads.

Can anything from Mathematica be put on the RAM disk?

Also, I would like to add:

I have my RAM disk set for 1GB but can increase it to 2GB. I have 8GBs installed and my paging file set to 50MB in the RAM disk. Many people say you don't need to a paging file on the RAM disk but that you do need one (of course there is dissent with people saying you don't). Hence, I only set it 50MBs. The system is Windows 7 x64.

I also have the TMP and TEMP files set to the RAM disk as well.

Any advice on what more I could add or paging file information would be much appreciated.

Dustin.

I can set up a paging file on my C drive. The recommendation is 1.5 times the total ram so in my case 12gb. Should I set it up on the C drive then?

Do you know of anything else I could put on the RAMdisk from Mathematica, Adobe, or anything else?

pagefile on RAM, also off c:

pagefile on RAM, also off c:

On Win 7, it will keep the page file on the c drive, even if you add/move a page file to the ram drive.

There are web pages abt this. Win 7 will keep using the c: page file, giving you the same limit in speed you had before.

So, go back to where you set page files, and tell comp no page file on C:

this will force it to use the RAM page file and that one only.

I don't have any great suggestions beyond that.

Smart to set web browser cache to RAM.

Don't know why no one else chimed in.

mathematica prob best to leave as is

mathematica prob best to leave as is;

it will prob use the page file a lot, automatically, and prob not much more advantage to gain.

the log files(s) would be too bothersome to re-locate, and the development and updating of log files takes a tiny tiny amt of time relative to the matrix algebra, formation of graphics, etc.

Back