What to use to down & burn flv from Tokbox to CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

I can download flash on video emails I've sent via Tokbox onto RealPlayer, but can't record them onto a CD, says the type of media isn't supported.

I did a search and, of course, came up with numerous apps claiming to be the greatest thing to capture flv (like off You Tube) and then be able to burn onto a CD (don't want to burn to DVD, the person I want to send it to I don't think has a DVD player, 80 yr old cousin, not well equipped or savvy with computers, and only has dial-up so can't send her the video email over Tokbox)

I'm sure there's something out there that works well - and isn't complicated, but which one?

XP sp3, latest Firefox

Appreciate any advice!!

Thanks

What kind of CD do you want to create? Does your cousin want to see the movies on his computer or his DVD player?
In any case you need to convert the .flv files to .avi or .mpeg. There are a lot of tools that can do this, I use Pazera Free FLV to AVI converter.

Once you've converted your files to avi or mpeg you can just burn them to a CD, or use software like Nero to create a VCD/SVCD/miniDVD. All these can be burned to a normal CD, and played back easily on any computer.

Just a CD of the video/audio emails I had recorded on Tokbox.

The problem I was having was that I couldn't get them from Realplayer
where I was able to download them into any kind of converter program -
they wouldn't drag over. And there was no other choice presented when
I played them inside of Tokbox.

I finally did find that I could, in Realplayer, right click and record them
directly to a CD, but they still required Realplayer on the playing computer
in order to view them.

I'll take a look at that Pazero one, though, and see if I can put them in there
either directly from Tokbox or from Realplayer.

I've got Nero, too, though I hadn't reloaded it after I had a C drive crash
because of problems with Task Manager. I'll give that a whirl, too.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back