What Windows is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Phate

I cant figure out what windows this is my aunt gave me two older computers I figure id wipe them and sell them for a few bucks but I cant even log in this is all I get :(

Attachments

• screrny.jpg
    screrny.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 13
Thats not windows, its looking for the BIOS password, once entered correctly you'll move on to the operating system loading screen if one is installed.

Yes it is a BIOS password that you cannot do anything else without the code but i'm not too sure as I think there is a solution by resetting your BIOS or something like should resolve your problem.

More than likely if it is a BIOS boot password there is no way to reset it except removing the backup battery and shorting the battery contacts. Sometimes removing the battery will do it by itself. If you dont know how to do this you will need someone with at least a basic understanding of where the battery is (on the motherboard)

This is the master password of the BIOS.

As gguerra mentionned by removing the battery for about 15-30 minutes may solve the problem. For finding it it is easy you will see a little battery same as a watch one but a smoothly larger. YOu have just to remove it and wait for about 15-30 minutes and this normally should resolve the problem.

oh that sounds like fun i have to find the battery on the motherboard
:p thanks guys oh well if i mess it up no money loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back