What would you do with a 58-inch jailbroken iPhone?

Emil

Staff

Maybe you thought the iPad was a big device when compared to the iPhone. We would forgive you because you probably haven't heard of the Table Connect. It's essentially a 58-inch multitouch table that accepts connections from a jailbroken iPhone 3GS or jailbroken iPhone 4. The project was announced a while back, but now there's a demo video.

As you can see in the video below, the table requires you to start a specific app on your iPhone (likely available through jailbreak) and plug in the cable. It appears that the power button needs to be held down when launching the required app. Wi-Fi is currently not supported. The two men in the video seem to access the Springboard, swipe between pages, and launch the Photos app without much trouble. The bigger UI elements seem to scale just fine. The Table Connect is still in development, so we’ll keep you up to date with the project.

The Table Connect firmware is apparently currently in alpha. "Please understand however that we will not talk about technological details at this point in time, due to competitive reasons," the company said in a statement. If you're convinced that this is a fake, explain why you think the device isn't real. Otherwise, answer the question in the headline!

Permalink to story.

While I'm against Apple products, this is pretty awesome. More touch screen devices are in our future. Soon you'll be able to touch anything and pull up a computer screen. Just be careful you can still get arrested for touching the wrong things!

taea00 said:
Just be careful you can still get arrested for touching the wrong things!

hehe....i get what u mean....but imo, this is insane and its so cool.....man i wish i had something like this right now.

i Would definitely, forget any other devices on the market and put those two, in my bonus season shopping LIST, at the very top.

Huh....think I'll put this in the "pretty cool, but what's the point?" category.

LNCPapa said:
I would see if it would blend.

Blendtec just needs to make a slightly bigger blender, purhaps.. or rather, just a larger holding area. Whatever its called.

Whether or not its real, its silly. Proof of concept, acceptable. Now lets mix this in with the flexible LED screen that Techspot put up and article about and turn it into a blanket!

Blanket iPhone 4. I'll be the first to create the Heat Blanket (R) App.

You could probably nail your girlfriend on it. That said, it probably wouldn't be any better than an ordinary table.

I would not have any use for a screen that size. I mean, a cell phone is a cell phone, not a huge, touch screen plasma, although it is a cool prototype.

If they can get it to integrate with any device, not just iPhones, it would make it into a great concept. They should make it wireless and able to pull up any device you own.

captaincranky said:
You could probably nail your girlfriend on it. That said, it probably wouldn't be any better than an ordinary table.

Is there an app for that?

Wow, this conversation is all over the place.

Interesting concept, but like a few others have said...what's the point?

Back