What's a good HDTV for a PC?

By bloodman
Nov 29, 2008
  1. I want to connect my PC to an HD but I understand that not all of them are meant for that. I'm aiming for a 30-inch and I'm planning on using 2 4870 x2 running in crossfire sooner or later. Any suggestions? Also, is it true that a couple of 8800GTS cards running in sli can keep up with the 4870 x2's?
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

hmm lets see two lower end cards working together against the best card available with two gpus for one pci e slot instead of having to use two slots...
  3. Schmutz

Schmutz TS Rookie Posts: 126

I use a DVI to HDMI adapter:

I connect my HD2900PRO video card to my 37" HDTV via HDMI cable and the video quality is fine, like watching Blu-rays on a PS3. I wouldn't use the TV for general computing as text is difficult to read. It isn't amazing for gaming either (response time is sluggish)

Maybe a better setup (or configuration) will be more acceptable for games and computing... I think there likely is better solutions out there, but I'm not sure.
  4. bloodman

bloodman TS Rookie Topic Starter

lol, very true.

^Yea I read that somewhere else too but I remember reading a holiday buying guide, not sure where, but it mentioned a specific model I believe by Samsung.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.