What's died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldcuttin

Hi all

My main pc has gone down & i need some help figuring out what's broke.
my pc was on & running fine,i turned on my audio (Logitech Z5500 Speakers 5.1 Surround Sound 505W RMS) at the control box,there was a loud humming noise & i realized the volume was up full from the night before when i had my headphones plugged in,then the pc just lost power & turned off.
Now when i start it up the power supply comes on for maybe 2 seconds then turns off again then back on but the pc wont start up all the lights are on but nothing comes on the monitor.
The psu is a ocz gamexstream 600w.

Looks to me like its the psu thats gone but i ain't sure...so before i go ordering a new psu could it be anything else? or is there fuses in the psu i could just replace?

Thanks.

Well, there's as they say, "no user serviceable components in your PSU". Besides, if a fuse was blown, it wouldn't come on at all, now would it?

You can buy a PSU tester for about 20 bucks, give or take. Generally though, trial by substitution is the way the diagnosis is made. To the upside, you'll likely need another PSU someday, perhaps sooner than later.

One other possibility could be that the CPU heat sink fan has come loose, and the system is thermaling out.

just tried the psu in my old computer & it's working fine...dont think the heat sink fan has come loose,it seem secure enough,any other ideas?

If the machine isn't posting, it could possibly be a memory issue.

Also, no beeps assumes that the speaker is working(.) or (!) maybe (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back