What's going on here?

By samuraiphen
Aug 4, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I had never seen this in all my years of gaming till I got this computer a couple years back. It did it on Sims 3 when I first got it and I thought it was a glitch in the game. Then I got APB a few weeks ago and it's doing it too. Thinking there's something wrong with my video card. I have a hard time describing it, it's like a light show on crack or an acid trip with flashing lights and "shards" of colors.

Attached Files:

2. samuraiphen

samuraiphen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

It started out fairly minor, got really bad till I updated my video card and then it was manageable. Now I can hardly play the game...
  3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

First off, which video card are you using?

This sort of reminds me of a problem i encountered a couple of years back... I think I enabled Geometry Instancing to fix it. Might be worth a shot.
  4. samuraiphen

It's an ATI Radeon HD 3870
  5. EXCellR8

6. samuraiphen

It's similar but I'm not sure how to do it with the catalyst control center. I'm looking at the Overdrive feature but I don't wanna screw up my card.
  7. samuraiphen

I don't think I can with this card. I found it in the CCC but i can't click it.
  8. EXCellR8

Hmm, I would recommend trying ATT (ATI Tray Tools) to do the same thing but if you can't enable it in CCC I'm not sure you would be able to do so anyways. Regardless, I would inquire about the issue on AMD Game forums (the site i linked to in post #5) and make sure to include what card and drivers you are using. APB is still a relatively new game so chances are others are having the same problem.

Also, enabling Overdrive doesn't do anything until you make changes and test them...
  9. samuraiphen

Here's the window

Attached Files:

10. samuraiphen

Thanks! I'll give it a try.
  11. EXCellR8

temps are a tad high but i doubt that would cause such a drastic effect on the graphics; I don't see a fan control slider either so unless you have other software you won't be able to adjust it. have you tried a different driver set and updating DirectX?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.