What's going on here?

samuraiphen

I had never seen this in all my years of gaming till I got this computer a couple years back. It did it on Sims 3 when I first got it and I thought it was a glitch in the game. Then I got APB a few weeks ago and it's doing it too. Thinking there's something wrong with my video card. I have a hard time describing it, it's like a light show on crack or an acid trip with flashing lights and "shards" of colors.

Attachments

• Video Card error.jpg
    Video Card error.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3
  • Video Card error2.jpg
    Video Card error2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
It started out fairly minor, got really bad till I updated my video card and then it was manageable. Now I can hardly play the game...

First off, which video card are you using?

This sort of reminds me of a problem i encountered a couple of years back... I think I enabled Geometry Instancing to fix it. Might be worth a shot.

It's similar but I'm not sure how to do it with the catalyst control center. I'm looking at the Overdrive feature but I don't wanna screw up my card.

First off, which video card are you using?

This sort of reminds me of a problem i encountered a couple of years back... I think I enabled Geometry Instancing to fix it. Might be worth a shot.

I don't think I can with this card. I found it in the CCC but i can't click it.

Hmm, I would recommend trying ATT (ATI Tray Tools) to do the same thing but if you can't enable it in CCC I'm not sure you would be able to do so anyways. Regardless, I would inquire about the issue on AMD Game forums (the site i linked to in post #5) and make sure to include what card and drivers you are using. APB is still a relatively new game so chances are others are having the same problem.

Also, enabling Overdrive doesn't do anything until you make changes and test them...

temps are a tad high but i doubt that would cause such a drastic effect on the graphics; I don't see a fan control slider either so unless you have other software you won't be able to adjust it. have you tried a different driver set and updating DirectX?

Back