What's happened to Mozilla Firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali...

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help with this,

I was recently notified of an automatic update on my PC. Since then I cannot access Mozilla Firefox.

I can only asssume that this is something to do with my security settings so I have reset them, changed them, disabled Firewall - you name it.

I'm at a total loss now....

Any ideas?

Please post all your PC specs, and o/s. Can you access internet through Internet Explorer?
What was the update?

There are currently two versions of Firefox out: v3.0.14 and V3.5.2. This goes along with what strategic is asking you.

If you automatically updated, it is most likely to v3.0.14. I have that with no problems.

I suggest this setting: It's in Tools> Options> Advanced> Updates tab> When Firefox has an update> CHECK 'ask me what I want to do'

Mozilla notifies that update is available, asks if you want it, if Yes it downloads and will install when FF is closed and reopened.

If you have the auto-download AND install, both will be done. I am very "auto" anything except for the AV program.

As far as what happened to you: check and see which version you got. Try doing a System Restore to date right before the download and install. I am not aware of any significant setting changes on the update, so it is possible you may have something else going on.

You are also being asked if the internet connection is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back