Whats new is spyware?

By Thorrax
Jan 4, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How can I keep my system clean of spyware and adware and anything that can cause me problems? I use spysweeper now but is it the best?

Thank you,

Thorrax
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Hi Thorrax and welcome to TechSpot

You know I'd need to write a book of words back to you on how to keep your system clean, so maybe I'll be very very brief.

Firstly there is no one malware cleaner, that will clean All bugs
    So therefore, although Spysweeper is a good choice, it cannot keep your system perfectly clean

To effectively remove all Malware / Trojans / Spyware / Adware / Rootkits (the list goes on and on !) You will need to run many (usually more than 5) different scans (from 5 different programs)

So what to do ?

Better to always clean out all your temporary Internet files and Cookies and continue with a good Antivirus and Spyware monitor - Up To Date.
    And when or if your system becomes seemingly slower, to then start running multiple scans through it.
    Actually I'd recommend
    www.hitmanpro.com
    to remove most problems

Sorry for being brief !
  3. Thorrax

Thorrax Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you very much for the very quick response.

I did post in the device section about a problem I am having now, could it be a bug? Who knows. But I came here on recommendations from others that this is the go to website. So, on that note, thank you all for helping those in need, and right now, especially me!

Thorrax
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

What a nice person
  5. designer4u

designer4u Newcomer, in training

i would highly recommend Kaspersky Internet Security 8
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.