What's possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a system with two 120GB hd’s each partitioned to 5 logical drives. I also have a CD R/W and a DVD R/W installed. All of these are internal drives. The system runs fine. The boot drive is now about full and I must change it out. I would like to move to sata and replace the boot drive now and then replace the second IDE UDMA hd later. I need (obviously) to make the new sata drive my boot drive with 5 partitions (each partition being larger). My motherboard is an ASUS P4T533-C with Award Software, Inc. ACPI BIOS Revision 1007, 8/27/2002. Would you have any recommendations regarding a card to add sata to the system and achieve the change over? Any other suggestions?

How big of PSU do you have in that system? You can add as many adapter cards that you want as long as you have enough slots for them. But you need a larger PSU to handle them plus a good cooling system to keep the temp down.

The PSU is adequate and cooling is not a problem. I'm more concerned as to how to get the boot drive from an IDE to a larger drive which is a sata with 5 partitions. Thanks for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back