Whats the best graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

I know alot about graphics cards, but i want an amazing one so i dont have to upgrade again in a few years... but, i have an AGP8X motherboard, i can spend up to £400 ish on a new graphics card. Ideally i would like to spend around £300 but if somthing is really worth paying for i might get it.

The models i have been looking at are:
*Ati X800 XT PE
*Ati X850 XT PE
*nVidia 6800 Gainward Ultra

Thanks for the help.

Alex.

Objection ATI ATI ATI, usually smaller, lower power requirments, and most don't need Nvidias massive coolers, anyone remember the Geforce FX 5800, like an elephant in a washing machine, noise and spacewise.

I like the X800s also. They are coming down in price too. Get the strait ATI version if you can.

woo...you got a nice budget 400pounds,thats like 700-800$.I would suggest you get a midrange card like the geforce 6600 gt for about 200$ for now and save the rest for a new card,some rumors and details are going about for the new geforce 7 series and the next gen ati gpu because of e3 and there involvement with the consoles(ps3 and xbox360 respectively),also looking at the demanding games thats are gonna be out in a years time frame(ut3.0,f.e.a.r,etc.,etc.)you're gonna be needing more horsepower than what these puppies are providing today.the alpha build of ut3.0 required 2 geforce 6800's on an sli interface a couple of months back,so you do the math(provided it was a very early build).save your 300 pounds for a geforce 7 series and a new dual core cpu upgrade in 6 months or less,you'll be much satisfied.

Videeeeooo

All I can say is BFG's no quest asked, life warranty
saved my video invest.... :bounce:

x850 xt

Gamin GET THE X850 XT i have it and it kicks a** the quality is amazing and it runs extremely smooth......:) good luck

sebastian

BFG 6800 gt oc

isatippy said:
Nvidia all the way.
With costs rising, I have to agree!
I just got my replacement from BFG.
It runs UT 2004 on highest settings like pure melted butter!

In my humble[not] :haha: opinion. :angel:
G'Luck
I hope you get what you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back