I have new computer
    C2D E8500
    Noctua NH-C12P
    ASUS P5KPRO
    4 GB DDR2 Kingston
    ATi 4870x2
    Fortron TenTen - 1010 W

I can play all games i want. But..
    In some cases (Sims 3, Black and White 2 and some others..), when i run the game, i will see advertisement and copyright warning and ewerything before starting the menu of the game. After all of that adds and logos, I can see loading screen for a while, or black screen (in each game it is different) and after that, my computer crashes. It'll simply shut down like when you hold the power button and start again. Where is the problem guys? BIOS? Or MB? Please i dont know..
    Sorry for bad english.
    thx
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,896   +88

Hi amozone,
    welcome to Techspot, what ATI driver set are you using? do you see any kind of error message when this happens? like a BSOD or just a restart?
  3. amozoneSK

amozoneSK TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks red, i have CCC 9.5 for Vista 64bit. No error, no BSOD, just restart in a second... so?
  4. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,896   +88

there were a lot of problems with with the ATI drivers 9.1-9.5 that had that effect, try updating to the current drivers (9.7) and see if that remedies this. make sure that you completely uninstall the 9.5 set, restart and then install the 9.7, then restart again to use. my apologies if you know that, ATI drivers can be touchy about trying to install over an old set.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.