What's the total disk capacity of your computer?

What is the total size of your computer hard disk storage?

• Total voters

Leeky

I'm curious to find out how much the total disk storage we enthusiasts have in our main computers these days. :)

So without further wait, lets get started...

I'll get in first with the following:

SSD 256GB
Hitachi 500GB
Samsung F4 2TB

Total= 2,756 GB total. :D

Depends - fileserver has 6+ TB in RAID 6 (8 spindles in RAID and 1 for boot) - then several other machines have 2-3 TB each.

Wow, I'm in dreamland at the sheer volume of "media" I could fill them with! :haha:

Is your RAID 6 using 6 1TB disks plus 2 spares or something?

Actually I was in a hurry when I typed that - in RAID 6 my array capacity is on ly 4.5 - 8x750 - though there are 3 about to get shipped off for replacement (I've already replaced them so these will be spares.) Then my gaming machine has only 1 x 1TB drive and my older daug..... whoa, this was gonna become way too much to type - here's what I've got (one machine is missing from this page.

Blimey, quite a bit of technology then! :D

I wouldn't want to count the total storage capacity of everything in our house.

Wish that was all in my PC though, think of the *storage* possibilities... No more having to use the cloud for my *special* movies either! :haha:

About 7tb of hdd space and 600 gb of space with ssds 8 of which are in raid 0.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

At the moment 4TB+

128GB Vertex SSD
1TB Western Digital
2TB Verbatim External
2x640MB WD Caviar Black

I can comfortable store a 6-pack of Stella inside my computer, if that means anything. Keeps them nice and frosty.

also, 3 x 320GB Caviar blues, 2 x 1TB Caviar greens and a 240GB Velociraptor

My system has lots of RAM, a big disk and a few bolts - -

but it can only tolerate O N E nut at the keyboard :giggle:

I'd hate to say this but.... my PC is quite old and someone only gave it to me.. Drive C has like 20gb and Drive D has 15gb..

1x 272 GbB Hitachi 7200rpm HDD. General OS and software.
1x 1024 GbB Hitachi 7200rpm HDD. Storage and multimedia like renderings, films, webpages and the lot.

From time to time I like to boot up an old 220-drive just to laugh at the boot-up speed of Windows 3.1 (it's tremendous!).

220 MbB that is...

I'm not counting external drives, because then I would have about 6TbB laying around, as I use a docking station.

I had to asnwer the question by voting on the (1001 - 2000) option, but it's no where close to the 2000 side of things.

My primary system, an old Dell Dimension 5100c came stock standard with a small Maxtor 80 Gig hard drive, it's still in there. But quickly I went out and bought a nice Western Digital (My Book) series external hard drive that is 1 Terabyte in size.

Maxtor is 80 Gigs + Western Digital that is 1TB = 1080 Gigs total.

I'm still in the dark ages with hard drives...I'm gunna have to pop and get a big one sometime.

Mine are: 80 SG + 80 WD + 80 WD + 60 WD (ext) = 300 Gig total.

I'm still in the dark ages with hard drives...I'm gunna have to pop and get a big one sometime.

Mine are: 80 SG + 80 WD + 80 WD + 60 WD (ext) = 300 Gig total.

I'm still in the Stone age! with both drives having only 20 gb and below worth of space! :p

Some mixed responses here, awesome stuff!

Myself:

60GB OCZ SSD
1TB Caviar Black
500GB Caviar Blue

Struggle to fill anything except the SSD, even with 10k+ songs heh

My current machine only has a 1tb drive but I have been trying out ssd and the machine i am building now has a 64gig ssd and 1tb data drive.

You need better quality music. Try having your music in FLAC format and see how much space you use.
Either that or WAV. (My personal favorite).

This thread is semi-amusing in that it highlights how much an individual associates status with HDD capacity.

That said, should I add up all the storage capacity of several computers, and post the total, or divide the total by the number of machines and post the average....? :rolleyes:

I'm still in the Stone age! with both drives having only 20 gb and below worth of space! :p

:D

I've still got some old ones under my bed.....A 2 Gig drive (yes that's two!) that i can't remember the name of and a 4.5 Gig drive called a "Bigfoot"...that really is the size of a size 10 shoe aswell :D

You need better quality music. Try having your music in FLAC format and see how much space you use.

Have been down that road before. I actually have a Linux box that has most of my CD's ripped in FLAC over there, that I use with the sound system. I'm not too picky when it comes to listening to music on the main PC. Shuffle and go.

Fileserver just upgraded to 8 * 2 TB drives in RAID6 + a ninth spare and a 750 GB boot. Initializing array now :)

500 + 200 + 640 + 16 + 8 + 4 = ????

Okay I cheated to inflate the figures and included everything which can be called a 'storage' device. :evil: :D

Back