What's your favorite memory manufacturer?

Which one do you like best?

• Corsair

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • OCZ Technologies

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Crucial

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Kingston

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • G Skill

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Patriot

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A-Data

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

link590o

As simple as it sounds. If you can, I'd appreciate it if you mentioned stuff like heat diffusion, overclocking ability, quality, or anything else you liked about the memory you have from whichever company.

Um im not shure if this topic ties in with gaming and consoles. My favorite is Corsair/ ocz. Ive had pretty much nothing but good experiences with both. Great quality ram, and the heat spreaders on xms2 and the ocz reaper version work pretty good.

memory is key to gaming, and they make "gaming ram". not sure if this would qualify as mass storage or something like that..so i think this is the best place to put the thread.

I have 2 gigs of OCZ memory, the platinum edition. I like them alot, they work great so far so I can't complain. I also had the A-data memory and they worked alright to. But I think that the other brands like OCZ and Corsair etc etc, are better.

link590o said:
memory is key to gaming, and they make "gaming ram". not sure if this would qualify as mass storage or something like that..so i think this is the best place to put the thread.

ya your right never mind. Ya i just needed to think more about it.

samjohnson said:
I have 2 gigs of OCZ memory, the platinum edition. I like them alot, they work great so far so I can't complain. I also had the A-data memory and they worked alright to. But I think that the other brands like OCZ and Corsair etc etc, are better.

Ya ocz is great, the platinum edition works great also. Ive never had A-data ram, doesnt sound to good to me.

A-data is ok. they make all kinds of memory. from pc memory to XD and SD cards for digital cams. they're not exactly gaming material because of the timings and voltage limitations. so they're only...good..if you don't do much more than do word processing, surf the web, or do some light gaming.

link590o said:
A-data is ok. they make all kinds of memory. from pc memory to XD and SD cards for digital cams. they're not exactly gaming material because of the timings and voltage limitations. so they're only...good..if you don't do much more than do word processing, surf the web, or do some light gaming.

Oh ya i think ive herd of them now

link590o said:

Ya the A-data where alright but I didn't do a whole lot of gaming. Once I got the OCZ ram it did make a pretty big difference. Plus I went from 1gig to 2 so that always helps. :D

oh CRAP! THATS the one i forgot. Mushkin! I knew I was missing one.

yeah mushkin is pretty good RAM. ibuypower offers mushkin and corsair brands when you customize the computers they offer....still..i can't believe i forgot them. and i can't edit the poll...

and sam, 2 gigs is always better than 1 ^^;;...you may have a crappy power supply. but you have almost 4 times the memory that i do. so you get to rub that in my face.

640 piss poor megabytes of...533mhz i think? i'm fairly sure its 553.

gaming material it aint.

LOL. Ya that is some pretty terrible memory. Once you get your system built though it will be quite a bit better than mine. But I could upgrade some parts and be up there with ya. :)
I still say go with OCZ. :D

IF i get my system built. it all depends on how much money i get and how quickly i get it. if all goes well, by january i can order the bulk of it, and by my birthday, if not sooner, get the games, the gt, and more memory should i need it.

corsair is pretty much top notch with OCZ. notice i put their names first on the list for that reason :D

correction on my ram type by the way. i have Crucial and Nanya 333mhz RAM. which is worse than i thought. :(

I like Patriot ram, they're pretty cheap and offer good performence and stability. And their also made in the US unlike others I have used which were made in other countries (cough, cough, China, cough, cough).

i can only say nice things about crucial. because that's the only RAM i've ever used. and nanya i've never even heard of. so i don't know if they're still around, or whether to say good things about them. i'm frankly amazed that these ram cards are still good. i ran memtest and amazingly, they check out. so kudos to them.

I've used G.Skill, Crucial, OCZ, Kingston and I really don't have a favorite brand. I do like my DDR600 G. Skill memory I have. It'll run at 2,2,2,5 timmings at 400MHz or 2.5,4,3,5 at 600MHz. To bad I only have 1GB of the memory.

I don't have any experience with DDR2 yet. I'm thinking that I won't change motherboards until DDR3 becomes mainstream, and by mainstream I mean until DDR3 costs as much as DDR2 does now.

Back