TechSpot

What's your internet Speed?

1. Hey guys. I am doing a project that compares the relationship between population and internet speed. I was really hoping that you guys would help me out and provide some data for me. Please leave comments with the following information

• What's your up/down speed? (speedtest.net results preferred)
    • What's your local area population?
    • What's the population of the nearest city?
    Any replies would be great, thanks all.

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,356   +283

I'm pretty sure there's a thread for this already - I'll link it when I get a chance to search.

3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

You should probably add some rules: USA only (or your country) and personal home connections only.

Otherwise you'll get people like me saying they have a gigabit connection at work. :p

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,058   +919

^

Optimum sucks. I was promised 50 Mbps Download and 15 Mbps Upload, but this is what I am getting: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3169928261. The next day after install, they came and put a bunch of lines and symbols on the pavement. One year later, nothing. They say "we are waiting on the towns approval", but I am calling BS xD. I think this is causing my rubberbanding and lag in BF4 since the game says I have severe packet loss, but mysteriously pingtest.net says I have 0% packet loss. Well, rant aside, never go Optimum xD.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.