When computer starts sits on hp screen and does nothing

acefsj

So here it is i have an hp pavilion tx 2500 running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit 3 gigs ram 312 gig graphics card 2 ghz dual core processor 250 gig hard drive full touch screen.
I restart my computer and it will sit at the hp screen and stay their i will restart a bunch of times and finally will boot up all is good if i leave it on but as soon as i reboot same thing happens again some times i need to leave it unplugged and with the battery out for an hour before it will work

any thoughts

try removing a stick of RAM, sounds like something is delaying the boot. not sure if the battery could tie into this theory but it may be drained. have you tried leaving the battery out and keeping the computer plugged in? this will tell you if it's a problem with the battery or not.

I have tried leaving the battery out and starting it as well as unplugged with battery in which is telling me it shouldn't be the battery i have had some what similar stuff happen to desktop one time and i found it was the mobo hoping that will not be the case here.
I will try reseating the ram and see what happens

Back