When I try to download the movie I uploaded to my site it doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a website that offers videos for the sony PSP and cell phones. You can download these movies from the PC perfectly fine but for some reason you cant download the movies from a PSP or a cell phone.

If you try to download the movie from your cell phone you get a 403 error saying that you don't have permission to download the movie.

If you try to download the movie from your PSP it looks like you download the source code of the movie and not the movie itself.

Here are the mime types i have in my .htaccess
AddType video/mpeg mp4

The movie format for the psp movies is .mp4
The movie format for the cell phones movies is .3gp

I will appreciate any help. thanx

I dont think you can download movies directly to the PSP, You need to have a USB cord and download them on your computer and transfer it to the PSP

You put the USB cord into the PSP and it opens a folder and you put the videos into the Movies Folder ( Dont know if it's called movies or not but you can look in your PSP manual / google ;) )

Hope I helped :D

shakemaster112 said:
If you try to download the movie from your cell phone you get a 403 error saying that you don't have permission to download the movie.
server reply code 403 means what it says; permission error.
However, it is highly likely that the permissions on the server file or directory
are wrong -- i't easy for the admin to upload a file and forget to reset them
for global access, eg: rw-r--r--
send an email to the admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back