When I try to run RCT3, the message 'Failed to create Direct3D Device'

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I tried to install the game, it did not ask for the number key which it says you have to enter otherwise the game cannot be installed. When I click on 'Play' in the Autorun menu, it comes up with the message 'Failed to create Direct3D Device'. Is there any way that I can make this stop and make the game play? Do I not have the right system requirements? Do I need to enter the key number when it never gives me a opportunity to enter it? Or is it just something wrong with the game or the computer that will not let me play it?

As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with the game becuase I have borrowed from one of my relatives and it worked and installed perfectly on their computer.

Please help - I would be VERY grateful.

Thank you.
Kate.
x

It's possible that your PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game but since you didn't list your PC system specs, no one can say for sure.

This makes me sound really dumb, I know, but what do you mean EXACTLY by Pc system specs? Do you mean like the specifics? If so, huh?
I don't really know the technical terms so if anyone knows how to resolve this I would be grateful if they could tell me in an easy and simple way.
Thank you.
x

Download Everest Home Edition on this link. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

When you have downloaded and installed the program, load it up and then look on the program interface there will be a "Computer" option click on this and then click "Summary" which will list your system spec. Write this into your system spec on your profile and click "yes" to show the system information on here.

For an example of what system specs (specifications) means, click on the "System specs" blue link to the far right of where my name is. This should help you pick out what you need from what Everest gives you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back