When I turn on my computer the screen is black

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer was dusty and may have been overheating. The fans were operating very loudly and i tried to turn on the screen but it is black. I cleaned the dust, and it still will not bring anything up on the screen. The fans work and i can hear the drives working. I tried changing the psu, cleaning the heatsink, and reseating everything. and removed the battery and put it back in to reset the bios. Nothing has worked so far. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated? Is it possible that i fried my motherboard or processor?

its a gateway gt5678.. ati radeon hd 2400xt video card, what it came with...intel core 2 q6600 quad core processor, not sure about the motherboard. Just the factory stuff

I don't know if you resetted bios properly or not. But try again. To reset, switch the jumper on the motherboard that reads "CMOS CLR". Or remove the Battery for 30secs then put it back.power saving options are also accessible in bios, try to look for it and change it.

i tried resetting bios by removing the battery and replacing it. the power saving mode is just the monitor cable. it will say that without the computer being on..im at a loss. have tried connecting the board with just the cpu, psu, graphics/video card, ram, and monitor. at first the cpu fan was blowing so i bought a different motherboard to try and see if the cpu was fried. it didnt come on. but the fan didnt either, and the fan isnt running now on my other board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back