TechSpot

When is the best time to buy?

By Fakum
Oct 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am putting a shopping list together to do a PC upgrade. I am willing to wait to purchase parts online. What is the general consensus as to the best time to get the best deals? I have heard it was Black Friday (day after thanksgiving) Any one else agree or disagree? thanks for the feedback

2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

The best time to but PC components is right after a newer version of that component comes out. For instance: Intel brings out their 1333 FSB processors. Just settle for their 1066 FSB processors and get a really good deal. I just bought the Q6600 quad core and am very happy with it. 800 mhz PC 6400 ram memory is another good example: I saw today where Fry's Electronics has 2 gigs of PC 6400 for $69.00. The newest technology may be a little faster but things are so fast all ready that it doesn't matter that much.

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

the best deals on pre-built computers usually happen around september and spring. Before school semesters start.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.