TechSpot

Where can I get a celeron d 2.8ghz x 533fsb x socket478

By oskyad1
Aug 4, 2006
  1. hi everyone, i wonder if someone can help me out, i have a new motherboard that requires a celeron -d 2.8ghz x 533fsb x 478 pin socket, where can i purchase this item
    thanks
    regards oskyad1

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

well here are some

but no mobo "requires a celeron". what is your exact mobo make and model number? and what is your budget for a processor?

:wave:

3. Cyber

Cyber TS Rookie Posts: 89

Hi sup... i got a link on some celeron d's they are socket 478 and are 533.... but i couldn't find one with 2.8 ghz.... any ways look at the link below... it is possible that ur mobo might support those chips as well... BTW what mobo r u using??

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_slc.asp?Nav=|c:22||c:1969||c:1975|

cyber

4. oskyad1

oskyad1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks cyber, checking the site

5. oskyad1

hi kingcody, i have a new biostar motherbourd that can only take the cpu i described or a p4 x 3.06ghz x 533fsb
    thanks
    oskyad1

6. joked u 2

joked u 2 TS Rookie Posts: 191

7. oskyad1

hi gamingmage, thanks for the quick info, the problem with dell pc components
    not always are compatable with other makes of parts, i had a similar problem in the past,i'm using a new biostar motherboard which i had there sitting for a while and i'm trying to use it as it has a lot of good features on it, besides the cpu i described it can also take a intel p4 x 3.06ghz x 533mhz.
    thanks again
    oskyad1

8. KingCody

what is your motherboard's model number?

or can you provide a link to it?

9. oskyad1

hi, the m/board # is Biostar U8668D-Z20 Ver 5.0 VIA P4 M266A+VT8235
    the site:- www.biostar.com.tw
    thanks
    oskyad1

10. KingCody

here is the official biostar CPU support list for your motherboard.

according to that lost... it can support pentium-4's and celerons with a FSB of 400MHz, 533MHz ,and 800MHz.

cheers :wave:

11. oskyad1

thanks, i'll follow it up,
    cheers oskyad1

12. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,199

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.