Where do you go for "best" websites?

abecedarian

I've been burrowing through a stack of old magazines, and I had a copy of Yahoo! magazine, now defunct, which I'd picked up because the cover story was "100 Best Websites."

Okay, I know few people seem to read these days - they just go online and ask people for suggestions. But if anyone here does read, are there any magazines that you'd go to for this kind of article? What I liked was that it was all-encompassing. I mean, not a food magazine recommending food sites. It covered things like:
Best Alternative Press
Best Alternative Medical Information
Best Cancer Resource
Best Women's Community
Best Business News
Best Bargain Hunter
Best Consumer Product Reviews
Best Personal Finance
Best Tax Advice
Best Travel Community
Best Travel Deals
Best Literary Resource
Best Movie Reviews
Best Music
Best Free Games
Best Consumer Computer News
Best Tech Support

So, as you can see, quite a range.

Why use the "best" of somebody else, when a lot of them were simple staff wriging assignments and taken, usualy, from older stock material.

Make your own lists of Best.

There is such an incredible amount of information on line about what is good or great... and it changes almost daily.

Always remember what our medical school professor at Yale always told us, "The enemy of Good is Better." and re-apply that thought to everything you do with a computer.

I've never read too many magazines in my life but I did have a subscription to popular mechanics and popular science for awhile. They always had articles that were all over the place yet very interesting.

Check out www.bestsites4u.com - it's a new Search Engine that we've just launched in the UK, and instantly provides you with the top 5 websites for any category you type in or select from our list. You can also suggest a website to be included in the rankings, suggest a category that may not yet be featured, and more. Check it out, it might just be what you're looking for.

Back