Where do you go for "best" websites?

By abecedarian
Feb 3, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I've been burrowing through a stack of old magazines, and I had a copy of Yahoo! magazine, now defunct, which I'd picked up because the cover story was "100 Best Websites."

Okay, I know few people seem to read these days - they just go online and ask people for suggestions. But if anyone here does read, are there any magazines that you'd go to for this kind of article? What I liked was that it was all-encompassing. I mean, not a food magazine recommending food sites. It covered things like:
    Best Alternative Press
    Best Alternative Medical Information
    Best Cancer Resource
    Best Women's Community
    Best Business News
    Best Bargain Hunter
    Best Consumer Product Reviews
    Best Personal Finance
    Best Tax Advice
    Best Travel Community
    Best Travel Deals
    Best Literary Resource
    Best Movie Reviews
    Best Music
    Best Free Games
    Best Consumer Computer News
    Best Tech Support

So, as you can see, quite a range.
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Why use the "best" of somebody else, when a lot of them were simple staff wriging assignments and taken, usualy, from older stock material.

Make your own lists of Best.

There is such an incredible amount of information on line about what is good or great... and it changes almost daily.

Always remember what our medical school professor at Yale always told us, "The enemy of Good is Better." and re-apply that thought to everything you do with a computer.
  3. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 630   +116

I've never read too many magazines in my life but I did have a subscription to popular mechanics and popular science for awhile. They always had articles that were all over the place yet very interesting.
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,425   +281

Reddit for them all.
  5. Mike Haywood

Mike Haywood Newcomer, in training

Check out www.bestsites4u.com - it's a new Search Engine that we've just launched in the UK, and instantly provides you with the top 5 websites for any category you type in or select from our list. You can also suggest a website to be included in the rankings, suggest a category that may not yet be featured, and more. Check it out, it might just be what you're looking for.
  6. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TechSpot Booster Posts: 808   +51

Or visit Gizmo's Freeware at techsupportalert.com
    check the far-left column for Best Free Websites.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.