Where is the cheapest place to buy retail full xp pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why pay well over 200.00 for a full retail XP pro when you can buy a full version OEM XP Pro for about 142.00?

you can find them at newegg.com

I understand that but what about things I have recently heard about if you upgrade your cpu or mobod. Microsoft will only let you activate it once. Is that true?

i bought mine OEM off Ebay :)
about as cheap as it gets

i heard you get 3 activations, but i reached that limit and they basically force you to call. but after calling, i explained my situation (a dual boot, a reinstall, then a stupid wirless card that required my system to be re-activated) and they let me activate again.

it's really annoying though thinking i most likely have to pay for XP again next time i want to re-install.

If you are enrolled in or are an alumni of a big and/or tech school you may be able to buy a cheap copy from them. These usually come with an integrated key, no activation requirement, and/or an extra, 64-bit edition of Windows XP

I understand that but what about things I have recently heard about if you upgrade your cpu or mobod. Microsoft will only let you activate it once. Is that true?

No it is not true I have been using a full OEM XP for three years and have activated it 4 times. including activating it on a Newly built machine when I replaced my previous PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back