Where is the login button for the forums?

Mikey_Gore

For the life of me, I can't find where the login button is. Since I can't find it, I have to try to post a new thread, which then asks me to login. Only then do I manage to login.

Either it is not even on the screen, or it is only on very few screens, maybe it is even on the page staring at my face, but I can't see it. Either way, this is the only website this has ever happened to me, and it is probably placed in a very bad location on the page, making it difficult to spot. It should be easy to spot as soon as one clicks the forums section of the website.

Cheers

Thanks. The "Join Techspot" button looks more like a register button. That's what one expects when you see it. Perhaps it would be better to label it as "Login/Join" instead.

Is it really that misleading? :)
I'm seriously asking to reevaluate if we should change it to something else.

Is it really that misleading? :)
I'm seriously asking to reevaluate if we should change it to something else.
Julio

I had the same confusion.

IMO and based on my own browsing experience over the years: There seems to be an unwritten standard on websites for users to look for a Login tab or button on a home page (and in this case, the forums page) and expect to find a) both the User name/password fields PLUS b) some sort of "click to create new account" link beneath the user/password fields.

So only finding a "Join" tab and no "Logon" tab becomes a bit confusing

/* edit */
Ooops. OK, "Create an Account" may not be immediately beneath the login fields but rather is somewhere on the login page

In this exchange of opinions, mine is that the OP does have a reasonable point. Nothing beats the old established duo: Register / Login.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Anything else is bound to cause some confusion to some people with eventual loss of prospective new members. [/FONT]

Yea I admit, I was just as confused by this naming myself but did not have the courage to admit it *blushes*

Back