Where is the other RAM?

I though I had a strong PC, but I think it's a lie, My PC has RAM 8.00 GB but 6.94 GB usable
I still don't it, where is almost 2 GB being used?

If you have integrated graphics (GPU built in CPU) the extra is used for iGPU memory. The CPU and iGPU have to share memory. When the system boots up it will designate a portion to iGPU only allowing about 90% for the CPU. Which is where Windows is getting the available memory number from. The percentage is dependent on how the iGPU is configured.

I still don't it, where is almost 2 GB being used?
1.06 GB, so fortunately not as much as you fear. As well as integrated graphics chips, other hardware in the system will reserve some of the memory, and it can be as much as 150 to 200 MB.

If you have Windows 10 and the latest version of it, use Task Manager to see what memory is being allocated to the graphics processor in your PC. Go to the Performance tab and then select GPU 0 - in the section labelled "Dedicated GPU memory usage", the number at the right will tell you how much memory is solely for the GPU.

In the case of an add-in graphics card, this value is how much RAM is on the card itself; in the case of an integrated GPU, this is how much system memory has been allocated solely for the GPU.

1.06 GB, so fortunately not as much as you fear. As well as integrated graphics chips, other hardware in the system will reserve some of the memory, and it can be as much as 150 to 200 MB.

If you have Windows 10 and the latest version of it, use Task Manager to see what memory is being allocated to the graphics processor in your PC. Go to the Performance tab and then select GPU 0 - in the section labelled "Dedicated GPU memory usage", the number at the right will tell you how much memory is solely for the GPU.

In the case of an add-in graphics card, this value is how much RAM is on the card itself; in the case of an integrated GPU, this is how much system memory has been allocated solely for the GPU.

This was helpfull

Back