Where to order Toshiba plastic parts underneath keyboard keys

My son's keyboard keys were broken before, but was fixed for free because it was still under warranty but it took the manufacturer to do it like a couple of weeks which my son hated. Now another key is broken where the nylon plasctic spring-like mechanism is missing. Just wondering where we can buy it? The first time it broke, I called the manufacturer and ask for those parts only to find out that what they are sending me are the complete qwerty keys themselves not the parts underneath them. Since it was still under warranty I decided to send them the laptop and have it fixed. I know I can fix it myself if I have the parts without having my son computer hungry for a couple of weeks. any suggestion as to where I can get those plastic part sunderneath the keyboard keys aside from the manufacturer, they must be sort of generic or universal, aren't they?

It is normal to replace the whole keyboard when something like this happens. Laptop keyboards are around $25 on EBay. Why are these keys being damaged in the first place? Have you thought about attaching a stronger USB external keyboard temporarily?

Thanks for the advice. I think it's just normal wear and tear that it breaks and the plastic nylon material is not good or strong enough to handle it. It looks very delicate, they should come up with better alternative. Thanks again.

Heavy hands? I can palm a basketball in one hand, and I have never damaged a laptop keyboard by just typing. Spilling beer, milk, or juice on a keyboard and dropping the laptop are the main causes of keyboard failure. Toshiba laptops are no more delicate than other makes

Back