Where to position extra fan in CM 690 II Advanced?

Where should I put the extra fan?

• Bottom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SIdepanel

• Somewhere else

• Total voters

nubki11a

Hello!

I have just built my new PC in the Cooler Master 690 II Advanced, I have one extra fan (which came with my old Cooler Master case) that I would like to use. I was going to use it as an intake as that would create a more positive pressure which should yield lower temps. I was wandering where to put it, should I put it at the bottom? Or on the lower fan slot on the sidepanel? Also, Im sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks in advance!

-nubki11a

I always thought having negative pressure (more exhausts than intakes) was better for temperatures because it creates a kind of vacuum, and positive pressure means the hot air will just stay inside the case.

Anyway there are many theories around placement of fans and it's different for different cases so I guess your best bet would just be to experiment.

Postitive pressure is what i was always told. It will blow air and dust out through the small gaps in your case.

With negative pressure you will suck air and dust in through the gaps in your case, and in extreme cases you could even cause a vacuum effect with shrouded gpus.

This is only my opinion, and there are loads out there :p

Back