Where's the Blu-ray?

bluebob951

Ok, so i have had an LG blu ray player for a few years now, but i had to reinstall everything today. I grabbed the install disk for the bd drive and installed it and when it was done i restarted like it asked. when i restarted and opened bd advisor to see if everything checked out, it said no blu ray disk drive found. and I am clueless as to how to fix it. the software that is installed is cyberlink power dvd 11 ultra(yes this is an ungrade version from the stock power dvd 9), but i started off using the orgianl 9 and same problem. Any help would really be great.

You probably did this years ago and have forgotten, to get the drive to work you have to go into your Bios and look for the 'Integrated Peripherals' screen to enable SATA devices and select their operating mode.

If the drive does not appear in the Bios check that all the connections are secure, does the indicator light up on it?

I actually thought aout that, but the drive does show up in the Bios. and windows does recongnize it. the problem is that none of the blu ray software is not recongizing the drive as an actually blu ray drive.

Ok, but is it set up correctly in the Bios, not just recognised.

Does it appear in Device Manager, is there a yellow warning next to it.

In Device Manager you could try uninstalling it and then reboot to allow windows to reinstall it. You should get a balloon appear saying Windows has found new hardware and is installing the drivers once the PC gets back to the desktop.

What operating system are you using?

Nope, still no luck. I'm using windows 7, I uninstalled it just to be safe. and I still get the same thing.

Attachments

• BD advisor.JPG
    BD advisor.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 3
  • device manager.JPG
    device manager.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 3
This is quite baffling and must be very frustrating for you.

What happens if you put a disc in the drive?

Did you check the set up in the Bios?

Are there any firmware updates available from the manufacturer's site?

Yes it was very frustrating, I actually got it to work again. I unistalled everything bluray related, reinstalled it but still nothing. I fixed it by accident, I noticed that my Daemon tools was corrupted so i uninstalled it, and then it showed up again in the BD advisor. That was a very frustrating couple a days trying to get the darn thing to work. Thanks for your help.

Back