Where's the wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spkenny

ok, I have never seen this before yet so hopefully someone can help. I have a Elitegroup ECS A535 laptop that a customer would like me to get the wireless working on. First of all, I was rather confused as I cannot find ANY key on the laptop that turns on or off the wireless, which leads to my problem. When you click the wireless configuration to see what signals are availiable, it states 'No wireless networks were found within range. Make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on. To see an updated list, click "refresh network list." In device manager, it shows the wireless driver working properly, so I doubt the onboard wireless is malfunctioning. But mainly I need to figure out how to turn the dang thing on if that's all I need to do.

Remove (delete) and reinstall driver, and follow the directions that the manufacturer offers... it sounds like there is an inadequate setup. The dang thing should be on all the time and show in the task bar where holding the mouse arrow over the wireless icon should report "...wireless connection (name) connected or unavailable... speed: 54 mbps (or whatever). Signal Strenght Excellent (or not available). Status: Connected or Not Connected.

looks like simply removing the driver, rebooting and letting xp reinstall it worked :). Thank you
raybay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back