Which Case Is Better Quality And Worth My Money?

By bcurko
Jul 2, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HI guys
    im thinking about getting a gaming pc and i want a good quality case that looks good like these DOWNLOAD THE PICS BELOW. IM IN AUSTRALIA and the first case is called the VIPER 2 made by www.xgbox.com/MGE and the second one is the nemesis elite made by http://www.nzxt.com WHICH CASE IS WORTH THE MONEY? THE VIPER 2 has to be posted from Western Australia becuase nobody has it here in NSW and the nemesis elite i can get in NSW WHICH ONE AM I BETTER OFF GETTING ANY IDEAS?? ANY RECOMANDATAIONS??

Attached Files:

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Looking at your two choices, I`d go with the NEMESIS ELITE.

It has better cooling via 3 120mm fans. Get it without the power supply unit(psu) and get yourself a good quality psu such as Antec/fortron/Enermax etc.

Nice looking case BTW.

Regards Howard :)
  3. bcurko

bcurko Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 16

Im A Medium Gamer So Cooling Isnt A Major Problem

HI howard
    cooling isnt a major problem for me at the moment its the case that is im deciding whether to spend more money on a case that has better looks the Viper 2 one which comes with a psu or get a case that is older without psu and buy a decent one !
  4. howard_hopkinso

I`d deffinitely recommend a case without a psu. The generic psu`s that tend to come with most cases are, to put it bluntly crap.

A decent psu really is a good investment. It will provide stable power output and won`t fry your expensive hardware.

Of course you could buy the case with the psu and just change out the psu.

5. bcurko

bcurko Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 16

Go With The Nemesis Elite Instead Of The Viper 2

hey howard
    so you are saying i should go with the nemesis elite because of the cooling if you read my previous thread cooling insn't a major problem for me beacause i dont overclock but WOULD YOU CHOSE THE NEMESIS ELITE over the viper 2 because it is cheaper and has ALOT better cooling? MY concern at the moment is me gettting the nemesis and then regreting that i got it because the viper 2 is a new release compared to the nemesis elite being a old case 2004 model
  6. howard_hopkinso

At the end of the day, you`ve got to be happy with your choice.

I was only giving you reasons why I would choose the Nemesis elite.

If you really want the Viper, go for it. Just make sure you get a decent psu.

7. Buddy, check out the Antec solo or p180.

Theyre the best for silence and are quality built cases, i cant say the same about most.

give them a look, theyre my favourite
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.