Which Core 2 Duo performance is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruuga

Which is much better in performance, the Core 2 Duo E7500? or the Core 2 Duo E6850? :confused:

I really want to max out the settings in GTA 4 and with full speed!

Overclock a "smidge"?

Dang Cap'n.

Youz'a two teche-nick-cal sum-timez!

So what is that? More than a feather, yet less than a teeny bit? A lump maybe?

Ok, is it closer to a teaspoon?

You can't put an E7500 in his board. Now, is this an intellectual exercise, or are we trying to figure out which is the best CPU for him?

First I tell him that the last BIOS update for his board was in Jan 2008, Now he tells me he's going to download the update.

That board likely won't run ANY 45nm CPU, and if he's lucky it might run the E6850. Actually it probably would be best with an E4xxx Allendale, or an E6x20 Conroe. 800Mhz or 1066Mhz, respectively

If you want to sit around and nitpick about which CPU is better, hit Tom's Hardware for the CPU performance charts.

I doubt that my Gigabyte P45 that I bought last Black Friday will run the E7500 without a BIOS update, so now tell me please, how this would work in a 2+ year old Asus?.

OK, now here is the other thread; https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic126061.html

Tmagic has suggested that a 1333 FSB CPU would run in a 1066 MHz board. I have no reason to doubt this. BUT, a later CPU with a different stepping and instruction set will most likely NOT.

Now, I went to Asus site and checked on the BIOS for this particular board. The situation is exactly what I said it is, nothing newer than these; E4700 Allendale, E6420 Conroe, and this surprised me, a Pentium Dual Core E2220

NO 45nm CPUs whatsoever! No 1333Mhz FSBs whatsoever.

Now, does that help with your confusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back